Transfers, Cancellations & Refunds
A registration may be transferred for the same student to another course under the following guidelines:
1. Prior to the first Friday of Summer School - free of charge.
2. Due to a class cancellation by DSS - free of charge.
3. After the first Friday of Summer School - $30 processing fee for each transfer.
If a course is cancelled, full tuition will be refunded. DSS reserves the right to limit or cancel any under-subscribed courses as late as the day before classes begin. Every attempt will be made to notify parents of class cancelations before the first day of classes.
- Refund requests made before April 1st result in a full refund minus a $30 fee.
- Refund requests made before May 1st result in 2/3 tuition returned.
- Refund requests made before June 1st result in 1/3 tuition returned.
- No refunds will be issued after June 1st unless they are due to a medical reason or significant personal circumstance. These requests must be in writing and will be judged on a case-by-case basis by the Darien Summer School Director. Any approved refunds after June 1st are subject to a $30 fee.
- Credit Vouchers may be issued in lieu of refunds. Vouchers may be applied to any future DSS session registrations for any family member.
- If a student's withdrawal from a class is related to ESY, this refund policy does not apply.