Transfers, Cancellations & Refunds
A registration may be transferred for the same student to another course under the following guidelines:
- Prior to the first Friday of Summer School: Free of charge
- Due to a class cancellation by DSS: Free of charge
- After the first Friday of Summer School: $30 processing fee for each transfer
If a course is cancelled by DSS, full tuition will be refunded. DSS reserves the right to limit or cancel any under-subscribed courses as late as the day before classes begin. Every attempt will be made to notify parents of class cancellations before the first day of classes.
- Refund requests made before April 1st will result in a full refund minus a $30 fee.
- Refund requests made before May 1st will result in ⅔ tuition returned.
- Refund requests made before June 1st will result in ⅓ tuition returned.
*Please note, processing fees will not be refunded.
No refunds will be issued after June 1st unless they are due to a medical reason or significant personal circumstance. These requests must be in writing and will be judged on a case-by-case basis by the Darien Summer School Director. Any approved refunds after June 1st are subject to a $30 fee.
If a student’s withdrawal from a class is related to ESY, this refund policy does not apply.